Brightness of Night
Darkness both metaphorically and materially envelops a Chinese street. On this dark night, a mother and her child post flyers decrying the oppressive communist regime. The child’s meditative hand gesture expresses the inner conviction that inspires such valiant acts.
If found during such an act, a person can be arrested, tortured, and murdered. Because of the totalitarian grip on print and broadcast media by China’s communist rulers, such activity is the only way to protest and speak out against oppression.
Since 1999 the state has marshaled all of its media resources, led by the Ministry of Propaganda, in a nationwide campaign to vilify Falun Gong. The disinformation has bred hatred, distrust, and even violence.
Canvas Size: 30" x 40"
Painter: Xiaoping Chen
***Canvas Processing time: 1-2 weeks***
- Free shipping on orders over $25 is offered for US domestic orders.
- Canvas prints are excluded from free shipping.
- For international orders, customs duties and brokerage fees may apply depending on the shipping carrier and the goods purchased
- Unused, unwashed, and undamaged products in their original packaging may be returned within 30 days of the delivery
- DVDs, CDs, and calendars are non-returnable